The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) is seeking designs for the 2019 national fire service Christmas ornament. We are extremely excited about conducting this contest and developing an ornament that will capture the Holiday spirit and traditions of our nation’s fire and emergency services. The proceeds generated from the sale of the ornament will benefit our mission to educate members of Congress about the challenges and needs of our nation’s firefighters and emergency services personnel.
DESIGN SPECIFICATIONS —
- The design can have a historical significance, or it might capture the image of today’s fire service. It should feature a Holiday theme, and should include (but is not limited to) apparatus, structures, firefighting equipment, or a community setting. Because it should capture a generic image of the fire service, the design should not display a company logo, the names of individuals, organizations or specific jurisdictions (e.g., a state, city or town).
- The design may be a customized hand-drawing, digital image, or photograph. A design that includes copyrighted or trademarked materials will not be accepted. Each design must be the original work of the submitter.
- A submission should include a brief written description (no more than 200 words) about the meaning of the design as it relates to the fire and emergency services.
- Submissions must include contact information for the submitter – including name, phone number, and email address.
The following are the official rules for the design contest. It is important to read them before submitting your work. By entering this contest, you will have acknowledged that you have carefully reviewed the rules and will abide by them.
- CFSI will accept artwork from June 13, 2019 to June 28, 2019.
- Designs shall be submitted in pdf, jpg, png, or gif format.
- The contest is open to everyone.
- You must be the creator of the artwork or be the approved representative who is submitting the artwork on behalf of the creator.
- Artwork that includes copyrighted or trademarked materials will not be accepted. Each design must be the original work of the creator.
- CFSI will not be held responsible if legal action results from copyrighted or trademark infringements. Upon submitting your work to this competition, you are solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted or trademarked materials.
- CFSI will assume exclusive rights to the winning artwork and can modify it as necessary without approval from the creator or submitter. Any use of the winning artwork by the creator or submitter will be prohibited without written approval from CFSI.
- These rules will be included in a Memorandum of Understanding that will be signed by the CFSI Executive Director and submitter to ensure full compliance.
JUDGING – CFSI has selected a panel of fire service leaders to serve as judges of the competition. They will be looking for creative and original artwork that captures the Holiday spirit and traditions of the fire service.
Questions regarding design proposals should be directed to Steven Tramel, CFSI’s Development Manager, at [email protected] or (202) 371-1277.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR DESIGNS BY JUNE 28, 2019.