Purpose of the Award
The Excellence in Fire Service-Based EMS Award Program was established in 2010 to recognize volunteer, career and combination fire departments for excellence in the delivery of emergency medical services. The award program is co-sponsored by CFSI and Masimo, a global medical-device technology company that develops and manufactures innovative noninvasive patient monitoring devices. Fire departments across the country are developing new and innovative approaches to deliver emergency medical care. Both CFSI and Masimo want to recognize these departments and share their innovations with other departments that are seeking new solutions of their own for delivering emergency medical services.
- There are two categories: “Career” and “Combination & Volunteer” — Individuals are not eligible for this award.
- The fire department must have implemented a unique practice that enhances the delivery of EMS in the community. The practice can involve partnerships with local hospitals and care facilities, law enforcement, research institutions, businesses, schools, civic organizations, and other community programs and organizations.
- The practice should have resulted in a positive impact on firefighter and paramedic safety, resource deployment, and/or the quality, effectiveness or efficiency of fire service-based EMS.
- A department can nominate itself.
- Recipients of the CFSI/Masimo Excellence in Fire Service-Based EMS Award will be honored at the 33rd Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner held in Washington, DC on May 23, 2023. CFSI will pay reasonable expenses for one individual per organization to attend the dinner. These expenses include transportation, overnight accommodations for a maximum of two nights and seating at the Dinner. All other costs will be the responsibility of the individuals.
- The award presentation will take place during the dinner program. The presentation will include a brief video highlighting the achievements of the award winners. CFSI will ask the recipients to provide video or digital images of the fire department personnel performing their work that can be used in the award presentation video.
- CFSI and Masimo will also offer to conduct local award presentations in the recipients’ communities. These events provide an opportunity to acknowledge local elected leaders and other stakeholders for their support of the innovation.
Award Submission Deadline: February 3, 2023
Presented by Masimo
Masimo is the manufacturer of the Rad-57® pulse oximeter device which has the ability to noninvasively monitor SpO2, pulse rate, carboxyhemoglin (SpCO®), methemoglobin (SpMet®) and/or hemoglobin (SpHb®). Click here to learn more about Masimo.