The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) is announcing an official Call for Proposals for the 2019 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium. The Symposium will be held in Washington, DC on Wednesday, April 24-25, 2019, in conjunction with the 31st Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner.
The seminars should focus on policies or issues that are national in scope, and have a positive impact on the nation’s fire and emergency services. Submissions are strongly encouraged to include panels that represent a cross section of organizations and fire service disciplines. Seminars intended solely to promote for-profit programs and activities that specifically benefit the submitting individual/organization will not be considered. All seminars are limited to 50 minutes in length.
Proposals must include the following information:
- Seminar title;
- Seminar description and objectives (minimum 200 word narrative);
- Names of panelists and moderators with biographical information (approximately 200 words per biography);
- Statement explaining how the proposed seminar aligns with CFSI’s mission to advance the readiness and response capabilities of our nation’s first responders;
- Statement explaining how the applicant will help CFSI promote the seminar and the 2019 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium and Dinner;
- A primary point of contact for the submission, including name, phone number, and email address.
All proposals will be reviewed by CFSI’s staff and the Programmatic Subcommittee of CFSI’s National Advisory Committee. Incomplete proposals will not be considered. Applicants must agree to work with CFSI to finalize participants, produce relevant materials, and promote the seminars series. CFSI reserves the right to make changes to panelists and seminar content.
Proposals are to be submitted online to CFSI no later than October 12, 2018.