The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) is accepting applications for the CFSI/Masimo Excellence in Fire Service-Based EMS Awards. The presentation of the 2018 awards will take place April 19, 2018, at the 30th Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner in Washington, DC.
One aspect of my job that I enjoy most is traveling to fire service events and having the opportunity to address audiences who are interested in learning about the work being performed by CFSI and the other national organizations on Capitol Hill. It doesn’t matter to me if I have two people in the audience or two hundred. I always look forward to sharing with them CFSI’s efforts to advocate for federal programs and legislation that address the needs and challenges of our one million firefighters and emergency services personnel.
Registration is now open for the 30th Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium and Dinner, hosted by the Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) on April 18-19, 2018 in Washington, DC. Attended by approximately 1,500 fire and emergency services leaders from across the country, the event is the largest and most prestigious gathering of fire service officials, featuring important seminars and opportunities for interaction with federal policy makers.
Now you can make a positive difference for CFSI by becoming a sponsor of the National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium and Dinner. Each year, we offer a number of sponsorship opportunities. Ranging in values, they offer a number of unique benefits that will capture the attention of our 1,500 guests. Take a look at the complete list of sponsorship opportunities we are now offering for our 2018 program and let us know which appeals to you. If you have questions, do not hesitate to give us a call at 202-371-1277.
The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) is now accepting nominations for the CFSI/Motorola Solutions Mason Lankford Fire Service Leadership Award and the CFSI/NFFF Senator Paul S. Sarbanes Fire Service Safety Leadership Award. The deadline for submissions is December 7, 2017.
The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) is announcing an official Call for Proposals for the 2018 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium. The Symposium will be held in Washington, DC on Wednesday, April 18, 2018, in conjunction with the 30th Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner.
Seminar proposals must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Seminars should focus on federal policy or issues that are national in scope, and have a positive impact on the nation’s fire and emergency services. Seminars intended solely to promote for-profit programs and activities that specifically benefit an organization will not be considered.
- Seminars are limited to 50 minutes in length.
- Where applicable, proposed panelists and moderators should represent a diversity of national organizations and fire service disciplines.
- Proposals must be submitted to CFSI no later than October 6, 2017. Proposals can be submitted here.
Proposals must include the following information:
- Seminar title;
- Seminar description and objectives (minimum 200 word narrative);
- Names of panelists and moderators with biographical information (minimum 200 words per biography);
- Statement explaining how the proposed seminar aligns with CFSI’s mission to advance the readiness and response capabilities of all first responders;
- Statement explaining how the applicant will help CFSI promote the seminar and the 2018 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium and Dinner;
- A primary point of contact for the submission, including name, phone number, and email address.
All proposals will be reviewed by CFSI’s staff and the Programmatic Subcommittee of CFSI’s National Advisory Committee. Incomplete proposals will not be considered. Applicants must agree to work with CFSI to finalize participants, produce relevant materials, and promote the seminars series. CFSI reserves the right to make changes to panelists and seminar content.
Questions regarding the Call for Proposals should be directed to Sean Carroll, CFSI’s Director of Government Affairs, at [email protected] or (202) 371-1277.
Each year, the Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) selects a theme for the annual National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium and Dinner Program. By doing so, we attempt to deliver an important message to our attendees – and for that matter the entire fire service – about CFSI’s mission in Washington, DC and how you, as fire service leaders, can contribute to our efforts.