Ask your Representatives to join the House Dear Colleague Letter shown below.
- CALL YOUR REPESENTATIVE
- Call (202) 224-3121, the U.S. Capitol Switchboard, and ask to speak to your Representative
- Tell your Representative to sign the House Dear Colleague letter supporting passage of the Fire Grants and Safety Act (S.870/H.R.4090) as part of the FY24 appropriations package.
- Have your Representative contact the offices of Reps. Bost, Kean, Hoyer, Pascrell, or Fitzpatrick to join the Dear Colleague letter.
- AFG and SAFER will cease to exist if they are not reauthorized.
- EMAIL YOUR REPRESENTATIVE
- Click here to find your Representative and contact them online
- Find the Contact Form on their Website
- Write Your Message Into the Contact Form
Dear Representative Lastname,
My name is Name and I am a Job Title at Department Name/Organization in Town, State. Add in a sentence about the work your organization does for your district/community here. I am writing today to urge you to sign the House Dear Colleague supporting the inclusion of the Fire Grants and Safety Act (S.870/H.R.4090) in the FY2024 appropriations package. This bill must become law without further delay before vital fire service grant programs expire.
The Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) and Assistance to Firefighters Grant (AFG) programs are critical to ensuring that fire and EMS departments have the equipment, staffing, and training needed to ensure the health and safety of their personnel and the citizens they protect. Every year, these programs receive far more applications than can be funded, showing the dire need for assistance among America’s fire service. Despite the significant needs of fire and EMS personnel across the country, AFG and SAFER will sunset this year if they are not reauthorized, harming communities all across America.
Add your story about the importance of AFG/SAFER here.
The U.S. Fire Administration (USFA), which serves as a critical voice of the fire service at the federal level, is also up for reauthorization. USFA provides vital training, data, analysis, education, and much more for both fire and EMS personnel, as well as the general public, and must be reauthorized.
Please protect America’s fire and emergency services by ensuring that the Fire Grants and Safety Act (S.870/H.R.4090) is included in the FY2024 appropriations package so it can become law before AFG and SAFER expire. Please contact Reps. Bost or Pascrell to sign the letter, or join via Quill. The deadline to sign is Feb 23, 2024.
Thank you for your consideration of my request.