2021 National Fire & Emergency Services Symposium Call For Seminar Proposals
The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) is announcing an official Call for Proposals for the 2021 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium. The Symposium is scheduled for April 28th and 29th in conjunction with the 32nd Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner.*
Seminar proposals must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- TOPIC: Seminars should focus on topics related to federal government policies and programs, or other topics that are national in scope, meaning they affect the broader fire and emergency services industry all across the country. Seminars intended solely to promote for-profit programs and activities that specifically benefit an organization will not be considered.
- PRESENTERS: Presentations may be made by an individual presenter or a panel. If submitting a panel, please provide a complete list of panelists and the moderator.
- ORGANIZATIONAL AFFILIATIONS: Where applicable, proposed presenters, panelists, and moderators should represent a diversity of national organizations and fire service disciplines.
- LENGTH: Seminars are limited to 50 minutes in length.
- DUE DATE: Proposals must be submitted to CFSI no later than November 20, 2020. Proposals can be submitted here.
Proposals must include the following information:
- Seminar title.
- Description of seminar. Please explain the objectives of the presentation and list at least three takeaways that attendees will have at the conclusion of the presentation (minimum 200-word narrative).
- Alignment with CFSI mission. Please provide a statement explaining how the proposed seminar aligns with CFSI’s mission to serve as a bridge between the fire and emergency services and the federal government, and/or advance the readiness and response capabilities of all first responders.
- Presenter information. Please provide the names of presenters or panelists and moderators with biographical information (minimum 200 words per biography).
- Description of organization. For any presenter representing or affiliated with an organization, please provide a description of the organization, its mission, etc. as well as a link to the organization website (minimum 200 word description for each organization).
- Media contact. Please provide contact information (including name, phone number, and email address) for a person who will work with CFSI to promote the seminar and the 2021 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium and Dinner via social media, distribution to relevant followers, etc.
- Primary point of contact. Please provide a primary point of contact for the submission, including name, phone number, and email address.
All proposals will be reviewed by CFSI’s staff and the Programmatic Subcommittee of CFSI’s National Advisory Committee. Incomplete proposals will not be considered. Applicants must agree to work with CFSI to finalize participants, produce relevant materials, and promote the seminars series. CFSI reserves the right to make changes to panelists and seminar content.
Please contact CFSI at [email protected] or (202) 371-1277 with any questions regarding the Call for Proposals.
*Event may be virtual depending on the progression of the COVID-19 pandemic.