The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) is announcing an official Call for Proposals for the 2020 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium. The Symposium will be held in Washington, DC on April 29th and 30th in conjunction with the 32nd Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner.
Seminar proposals must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Seminars should focus on federal policy or issues that are national in scope, and have a positive impact on the nation’s fire and emergency services. Seminars intended solely to promote for-profit programs and activities that specifically benefit an organization will not be considered.
- Seminars are limited to 50 minutes in length.
- Where applicable, proposed panelists and moderators should represent a diversity of national organizations and fire service disciplines.
- Proposals must be submitted to CFSI no later than October 18, 2019. Proposals can be submitted here.
Proposals must include the following information:
- Seminar title;
- Seminar description and objectives (minimum 200-word narrative);
- Names of panelists and moderators with biographical information (minimum 200 words per biography);
- Statement explaining how the proposed seminar aligns with CFSI’s mission to advance the readiness and response capabilities of all first responders;
- Statement explaining how the applicant will help CFSI promote the seminar and the 2020 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium and Dinner;
- A primary point of contact for the submission, including name, phone number, and email address.
All proposals will be reviewed by CFSI’s staff and the Programmatic Subcommittee of CFSI’s National Advisory Committee. Incomplete proposals will not be considered. Applicants must agree to work with CFSI to finalize participants, produce relevant materials, and promote the seminars series. CFSI reserves the right to make changes to panelists and seminar content.
Please contact CFSI at [email protected] or (202) 371-1277 with any questions regarding the Call for Proposals.