2017 National Fire & Emergency Services Symposium Call for Seminar Proposals
(September 6, 2016) – The Congressional Fire Services Institute (CFSI) is announcing an official Call for Proposals for the 2017 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium. The Symposium will be held in Washington, DC on Wednesday, April 5, 2017, the day before the 29th Annual National Fire and Emergency Services Dinner.
Seminar proposals must meet the following criteria to be considered:
- Seminars should focus on federal policy or issues that are national in scope, and have a positive impact on the nation’s fire and emergency services. Seminars intended solely to promote for-profit programs and activities that specifically benefit an organization will not be considered.
- Seminars are limited to 50 minutes in length.
- Where applicable, proposed panelists and moderators should represent a variety of national organizations and fire service disciplines.
- Proposals must be submitted to CFSI no later than October 28, 2016. All submissions should be emailed to Sean Carroll, CFSI’s Director of Government Affairs at [email protected] or mailed to:
Congressional Fire Services Institute
ATTN: Sean Carroll/2017 Seminar Proposals
1530 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 520
Arlington, VA 22209
Proposals must include the following information:
- Seminar title;
- Seminar description and objectives (minimum 200-word narrative);
- Names of panelists and moderators with biographical information (minimum 200 words per biography);
- Statement explaining how the proposed seminar aligns with CFSI’s mission to advance the readiness and response capabilities of all first responders;
- Statement explaining how the applicant will help CFSI promote the seminar and the 2017 National Fire and Emergency Services Symposium and Dinner;
- A primary point of contact for the submission, including name, phone number, and email address.
All proposals will be reviewed by CFSI’s staff and the Programmatic Subcommittee of CFSI’s National Advisory Committee. Applicants must agree to work with CFSI to finalize participants, produce relevant materials, and promote the seminars series. CFSI reserves the right to make changes to panelists and seminar content.
Questions regarding this Call for Proposals should be directed to Sean Carroll, CFSI’s Director of Government Affairs, at [email protected] or (202) 371-1277.